Friday, November 15, 2013

Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving Break is going to be my first time home since I came to Tech. I'm half excited and half nervous to go back home. I'm really excited to see all my family and friends. I'm nervous to see my grandparents. Since I left, their health has gone downhill. I guess I just don't want to see the people I saw everyday in such poor condition. I saw my grandparents everyday since I moved in with them with my mom when i was three. Since my parents got divorced, my grand pop was like a father to me. Instead of sending Father's Day cards to my biological father, I would give them to my grand pop. I never really asked anybody if it was okay to send them to him, but I did it anyways.

I don't really know the girl I'm going home with for Thanksgiving break. She's a senior here at Tech and surprisingly she lives in my town. So that's a plus, but I don't know what were going to talk about the whole way home. It's an 8 hour ride and I know we can't just ideal through that. There's no way two people can stay quiet for over 8 hours. So I guess it'll be best to break the ice as quickly as possible.

I’m pretty much on the last stretch before break starts. I had 2 tests this week and they’re finally over with so I can finally relax. All I have to do is a little bit of homework so that I won’t have to worry about it next week.


Since I’m on deferred suspension I can’t go out to a party and risk getting caught being there. So all of the sudden I have a lot more free time to do homework. Being on deferred suspension made me realize how little Virginia Tech offers in partying alternatives. There’s really nothing to do that doesn’t involve drinking here. I thought there would be much more activities to do. I thought that being on deferred suspension wouldn’t suck so bad, but it really really sucks.

2 comments:

  1. interesting stuff about you family.
    I hope you enjoy your time back home.
    and yeah....you'll find something X)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glade to hear that you will drive back home to take your Thanksgiving Break,
    Hope you have a great time with your family !
    hope you ENJOY YOUR TIEM

    ReplyDelete